To all of you running the Brighton Marathon this weekend I wish you the very best of luck. To those seasoned sea side marathon finishers, you’ll know what to expect from this great event. For you first-time marathon runners, I send you special good wishes and a few tips that I found helpful when I ran my first marathon last year.
- Don’t change anything now, the work has been done!
- Don’t forget your kit and music
- Don’t change your eating and hydration habits or your warm up routines on the day
- Relax today, stretch and hydrate well through the night
- Make sure you are not stressed about where others will be: concentrate on yourself and let them do all the worrying
- Do last minute logistic checks on where you are going and where and when your start is
- Don’t forget your number and tags if you have them – and extra safety pins.
- Take some loo paper – could be essential for the portaloos at the start!
- Smile and enjoy what you can
Tweet me on @damekellyholmes and let me know how you did.